At The Doyle Collection, we treat the privacy and protection of personal data with the utmost seriousness. Our privacy statement sets out the data protection practices currently in place within the company.
At The Doyle Collection, the privacy and protection of personal data is treated with the utmost seriousness. Our privacy statement sets out the data protection practices currently in place within the company.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish and UK Data Protection legislation. Specifically, we will:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
- Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep information safe and secure.
- Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
When you access our website or stay in one of our hotels, you may provide us voluntarily with certain information about yourself (personally identifiable information) so we are able to provide you with a particular service. Such information may include but is not limited to details such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, passport number, room preference, names and ages of children, gender and other lifestyle information that will assist us in personalising your stay.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect on the website and throughout your stay may be used to enhance your experience in the following ways:
- Confirm your hotel reservations
- E-mail you in advance of your stay to make preparations
- Request your evaluation of a hotel via a satisfaction survey
- Send you correspondence relating to your hotel stay
- Bill your credit card for Advance Purchase Reservations and Advance Deposits
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests
- Communicate special offers and news of The Doyle Collection to you, if you choose to receive such notices
- To understand your needs and preferences, maintaining a record so we can better serve and surprise and delight our guests
- To add to our guest profile information so no matter where you travel within The Doyle Collection, you will be recognised
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
GUEST SATISFACTION SURVEYS
We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and continually improve the quality of service and product provided in our hotels. As such, customer comments and feedback are highly valued and an essential tool to our business. As part of your Overall Hotel Stay Experience, we engage a third party to randomly survey guests and request an evaluation of all aspects of your hotel stay. These surveys are sent via e-mail. If you do not wish to be contacted for satisfaction surveys, please advise the hotel either at check-in, during your stay, or via the link at the bottom of the survey invitation e-mail you receive. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When making a reservation or upon checking into a hotel, you have the opportunity to opt in to receive periodic communications regarding special promotions and offers from The Doyle Collection. If you have chosen to receive them, you may opt to stop receiving these e-mails at anytime, via the link at the bottom or by contacting The Doyle Collection on email@example.com
WHEN AND WITH WHOM MAY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In most cases, the information you provide is added to a local database and then uploaded to a global database for Doyle Collection. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your information to other hotels within The Doyle Collection, their affiliates and/or third party service providers located in the United States and Europe for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement. As a general practice, The Doyle Collection does not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your information to unaffiliated third parties outside The Doyle Collection. The parties that information is shared with are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose Doyle Collection specifies.
This site uses the Secure Sockets Layer protocol to protect your online transaction. Secure Sockets Layer is a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent tampering or message forgery. Your credit card number is also "one-way" encrypted as it enters our databases. We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and credit card information secure but unless we have been negligent, we will not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access by a third party to the information transmitted by you when making reservations at this website.
COOKIE USAGE AND STORAGE
We do not store any personal or traceable customer information in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain. Each cookie we set lasts only for the duration of each visit.